About me-

Originally a watercolor artist, hence the word "PAPER" in my blog address, I now paint mostly with bright acrylics, capturing the coast, the light-play in trees and the abstract macro world that surrounds us.

I can be followed on Instagram as HLombardoArtist and I welcome you to contact me with any inquiries at paintedpaperbyholly@yahoo.com. I do commissions and enjoy helping designers match artwork to their decorating needs. Select the Older Posts link at the bottom to go further back in my work.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Sunny Trees- Klimt inspired

As as self-taught artist, I have been excited to learn about various techniques and have enjoyed researching the many artists who influence my work- some of whom I discover when someone mentions a similarity.  These trees are modeled after work I've seen by Klimt- himself not known as much for his own trees but for the "Golden Phase" of his work where he used a lot of gold leaf.  The bright sun reflecting off of these trees reminded me of just that. Size 18x24, acrylic on canvas.  Available for purchase from J. Todd Gallery in Wellesley.

No comments: