About me:


I am a Maine-born New England landscape painter who enjoys capturing the sun, the forest and the sea. I can be reached at paintedpaperbyholly@yahoo.com for inquiries, pricing and collaborations.

Please press the OLDER POSTS at the lower right end of the blog to go further back into my work.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

In the tree tops....


SOLD
I'm finding that as I go back into the photos I've taken in the past, there are many that I now see as future paintings where before I did not. I owe this to an open mind and a constant review of other artists' work so I can gather new ideas and see light and shadows in many ways. This painting is based on photos I took in New Hampshire during the fall. The dappled light that bounces off of the leaves and trunks is always an inspiring source of color and variation. This painting, a nice companion to "Painted Forest" is 24x30 and ready to hang.