About me:


I am a Maine-born New England landscape painter who enjoys capturing the sun, the forest and the sea. I can be reached at paintedpaperbyholly@yahoo.com for inquiries, pricing and collaborations.

Please press the OLDER POSTS at the lower right end of the blog to go further back into my work.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Wells, Goodnight...



SOLD
Finally learning how to capture the night with my Canon, I painted this from a photo I took along Ocean Ave, looking out at Wells Beach and onto Kennebunkport. I can't describe the blues and greys that appear in the sky and water, so I try to paint them so I don't have to lose them. I love the twinkling lights in the distance, and I always envy the keepers of the house on the rocks, probably reading a comforting book and listening to the ocean. Size 6x18 acrylic on canvas.