About me:


I am a Maine-born New England landscape painter who enjoys capturing the sun, the forest and the sea. I can be reached at paintedpaperbyholly@yahoo.com for inquiries, pricing and collaborations.

Please press the OLDER POSTS at the lower right end of the blog to go further back into my work.

Monday, July 21, 2008

waterlillies




I have to say that my first peak at wanting to paint myself (since I was a chemistry major and never took art in school) came after visiting the MONET exhibit in Boston at the MFA in the late 1980's. I was so impressed and smitten with his brushstrokes, the capture of light, that I vowed to try SOME form of painting myself. I opted for watercolors since I was able to buy a VERY cheap set....and I began. Now that I am venturing into thicker media, I was so happy to finally paint my "Monet", from a photo I took at a local Audobon sanctuary. Size 18x18 on gallery wrapped canvas. Not sure I'll ever paint as large as Monet did, but I sure do respect how well he paints!