About me:


I am a Maine-born New England landscape painter who enjoys capturing the sun, the forest and the sea. I can be reached at paintedpaperbyholly@yahoo.com for inquiries, pricing and collaborations.

Please press the OLDER POSTS at the lower right end of the blog to go further back into my work.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

the window


WATERCOLOR size 8x10 SOLD
For purchase inquiries, paintedpaperbyholly@yahoo.com

I was lucky enough to go to Rome for one of my jobs, since we had a sister company in Ardea (about 1/2 hr outside of the city). I spent 4 great days looking at history, which one could never appreciate from a book. The Hotel de Ville that I stayed in had a beautiful courtyard that I was fascinated with, and this painting reminds me of the small windows that overlooked the courtyard. This one is size 8x10 on Fabriano paper.