About me:


I am a Maine-born New England landscape painter who enjoys capturing the sun, the forest and the sea. I can be reached at paintedpaperbyholly@yahoo.com for inquiries, pricing and collaborations.

Please press the OLDER POSTS at the lower right end of the blog to go further back into my work.

Friday, July 27, 2007

snow shadows


ACRYLIC-gesso board 11x14 (includes 3" black frame) $250
For purchase inquiries, paintedpaperbyholly@yahoo.com

I wanted to try to repeat a painting I previously did in watercolors, in acrylic. It was interesting that I was able to do some of the same things the same, some things differently and some things with difficulty! Here is the acrylic version, size 11x14 on gessoed board. I still love how purple shadows are cast by trees on snow! Plus it's been so hot here, how can I NOT think of snow!